Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Game of Thrones: Season 3, Episode 9

For those of you who don't watch Game of Thrones, ignore this because you're probably beyond sick of everyone talking about what some are calling the most intense TV episode of all time. For those who do (SPOILERS ALERT. DON'T LOOK AT THIS STUFF IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LASTEST EPISODE YET), here are a bunch of links about the episode.

I am one of those people do didn't read the books yet. I started them, I'm trying, but I'm only half way through the first one. So I hadn't read the Red Wedding scene before seeing "The Rains of Castamere" episode. I looked exactly like the girl on the left, x10, and then I didn't speak the rest of the evening. 
Originally from here and from Garek. Thanks, Garek!
I was absolutely stunned that three generations of Starks were killed off in 30 seconds. If it had been even one of them, I would have been shocked. The stabbing of a pregnant wife, an honest and just leader, and a strong mother left me dumbfounded, appalled, and speechless  Especially when Arya was SO CLOSE to finally seeing them. I am slowly realizing, like Richard Madden said, nobody is safe. Honestly, I'm terrified to watch future episodes. I think I will be literally sitting on the edge of my seat, full of nervousness and anxiety the whole time, wondering who will be murdered next. I'm not sure I can handle it!

I believe George R. R. Martin does hate us all. Thank you, John, for showing me this (originally from here).

  

Here is a YouTube video of multiple people's reactions while watching the episode. It's kind of depressing because you can hear the episode in the background, and comforting to know so many people felt the same way. I believe most of them fall into the "haven't read the books" category, and you can clearly tell the ones who have. 



And lastly, a bunch of articles that I read right after the episode because I had nobody to talk to about it. And it is an episode that needs discussion. Our HBO was cutting in and out a ton at 9pm, but they replayed it at 11pm. Kevin and I saw right up to the wedding during the 9:00 episode, then we got irritated with it cutting out so much so we turned it off literally right before the scene, having no clue what was about to happen. 

Then Kevin went home since he had to work early Monday morning. I stayed up out of curiosity and watched the rest of the episode with Nathan (he read the books) and Kylie (she doesn't really watch Game of Thrones) during the 11:00 showing. He repeatedly warned me to wait to watch it with Kevin. I foolishy thought it would be fine to just watch it again with Kevin the next day, not realizing it would be the most horrific, awful episode of all time. BAD IDEA. So I did what I always do when I need to figure out my thoughts and learn more. I read and read and read as much as I could about the episode, and couldn't fall asleep for a few hours.

An interview with the actor who plays Robb Stark. And another similar interview.
An interview with the creators of the HBO series of Game of Thrones. 
An interview with the author, George R. R. Martin.
Another article with the actors and authors discussing the last episode.
And a recap of the episode.

And finally 25 Steps to Get Over Your Game of Thrones Depression. Although some of these are just as sad as they are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment